Monday, April 28, 2014

Stuffed Cabbage

I have always wanted to try Stuffed Cabbage for dinner. I love cabbage (coleslaw especially!), and this recipe looked pretty good. Being a new mom with a 6 month old means I like the quicker recipes now... the ones where I can get dinner prepped and finished within an hour or less. While this recipe is definitely a bit time consuming, the end result is worth the work and wait! Layla decided to have a screaming tantrum (probably that pesky tooth that just broke through her gum!) while I was getting this made, so I did skip a couple things. All in all, it came out very scrumptious, and I will be making them again. I think there are so many ways you could make this. It's pretty versatile. It reminded me of stuffed peppers, minus the extra steps. I may add some sort of small veggie to the filling next time. We sprinkled Parmesan cheese over the top as we were plating. Kyle and I use Parmesan cheese on just about everything. ;-)

Try this out some night when you have a little extra time. It does take 2 hours to bake, so you could even prepare this ahead, refrigerate, then stick it in the oven the next day.



Photo and recipe not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment