Friday, April 12, 2013

Grapefruit

So after not writing for quite a while, I randomly decided to blog about grapefruit. Sounds about right! I started buying grapefruit about 2 weeks ago because I was wanting to add something refreshing to my breakfast options. I didn't really realize just how refreshing and healthy grapefruit was! And not only that, but if you cut them in half and eat a half each morning they go a long way.

I looked up the health benefits of grapefruit and was so amazed at how many things I found. Grapefruit is low in calories, boosts your metabolism, aids in weight loss, assists the body in fighting off illness, clears skin, protects against cancer... and has many, many more nutrient benefits! Go here to read about the numerous health benefits of grapefruit.

How could I not add this to my daily diet after hearing all those? I especially love grapefruit for the refreshing scent and taste. I top mine with a bit of honey, which is also very good for you, and takes a bit of the tart edge off. There is something about it that just starts the day off well. It may sound silly, but I feel very good and ready for my day after I am finished devouring my grapefruit! We will see if I notice any health changes after a while. I am sure I will.

Try adding it to your morning ritual - it's soo good!


No comments:

Post a Comment