Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Day of Homemade

Today is definitely one of those days where I am happy to be home. The weather has turned nasty, yet it just makes me want to bake and be all domestic. :)

I decided to try homemade bread again. Last time I made it, it turned out okay, but I have yet to bake a homemade bread that I absolutely loved! So the dough for my French bread is rising and I am anxiously waiting to see how it turns out.
Meanwhile, I am going to watch a couple movies from RedBox while I crochet Christmas gifts. All of this is definitely taking place with some strong, hot coffee and a cozy blanket. I'm really feeling the whole winter thing here today. Weird how the weather can put people into different moods. Hah!

There are many other things I can think of to accomplish today, but we will have to see how far I get. The list of Christmas "to-dos" is getting longer and longer, so I hope to kick a few items off while I have days like this! Now if only I could get to Jo-Ann's for more supplies. My sweet husband willingly offered to take me yesterday in the snow, but the highway was backed up and accidents were everywhere. So we ended up turning around.
Don't we all wish we had a Jo-Anns in our back yard? Hehe.

Guess I should get to my projects. The thing about not having internet connection or cable is that it makes it a lot easier to get projects and housework done without the distraction. There, I found one positive thing about it! ;)

Enjoy the first snowfall... Even if it is yucky. :)

1 comment:

  1. Comment : this post made me extremely jealous and I am confessing that. just thought I would get that off my shoulders...

    :P

    ReplyDelete