Monday, November 5, 2012

I have seen people doing the Thanksgiving countdown since November 1st and really wish I had remembered to do it! They take each day until Thanksgiving to list something they are thankful for. Frankly, we all should be doing this every day of the year, but I think it is especially neat to be able to see people list the things they can praise God for. The list is endless once you sit and write it all down!

Today I am thankful for a God Who still loves me even when I am unlovable! I think of the many times I become so caught up in life and worrying over things, that I forget to remember Who is in control of it all. Yet God still loves me even when I get off track. How much better the world would be if we all tried to follow His example of unfailing love and forgiveness.

Today I spent some much needed time working on my house, laundry, etc. I also started making a Christmas List of gifts for people and worked on a budget for it all. I like to plan ahead, but feel like I am a little behind in all of this! December is sure to be a hectic month, so I am going to challenge myself to get a lot of the Christmas gifts done this month. I am making a lot of different items this year, mostly for the ladies in the family, which I am excited about. We came up with a plan for keeping track of spending this year, which is what I need because I always have a hard time remembering what I spent on who! The idea is to make an envelope for each person and put the amount of money (cash) we are going to spend in each one. Once we use up the money in each envelope, then we are done buying for them! :) Since I am making the majority of the gifts for the ladies, we will have less shopping to do. So I'm excited for it all, and am feeling more ready with everything planned out and organized.

With all that said, here is a recipe link to end this post. Lol. I made these tonight, and not only are they easy, but so stinkin' delicious! Get the recipe here for No-Knead Pumpkin Rolls with Brown Sugar Glaze. Mm-mmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment