Monday, November 26, 2012

Shelf Lining

As I was cleaning the other day before Thanksgiving, I spied some shelf liner in my cabinet that I bought quite a while ago to use. I had been ignoring the fact that I really needed to line my pantry with the pretty chevron pattern for quite some time... so finally I decided to be brave and just do it. ;)

I found the shelf liner at T.J Maxx for $5.99. Can't beat that!


This is the pantry before. SO sorry for the blurred picture. 
I didn't realize it until now, but you get the general idea of how blah it was.





The supplies needed: cleaner (for the shelves), measuring tape, scissors and shelf liner.


I measured the length of the shelf and then used the helpful grid on the back of the liner to cut a straight line. Adhering it to the shelf is easy once you get it all straight and lined up! The liner is sooo forgiving. I must have peeled it up at least 6 times the first round. Since it wasn't wide enough, I just cut extra pieces and tried to match up the pattern the best I could. 


I like the end result. It took time, but is so worth it. And now I will know the tricks for next time! :)






Check out your T.J Maxx for more pretty shelf liners. There are some gorgeous patterns!


No comments:

Post a Comment