Monday, September 23, 2013

Autumn Chopped Salad

And we are back to posting something other than baby and crochet stuff! Here is a link to a recipe I made tonight for Autumn Chopped Salad  from Espresso and Cream. I am not quite sure if it is just meant to be a side dish, but I made it into a meal for us tonight and we really enjoyed it! I made a few changes, of course, due to things I had on hand and husband preferences. Hehe. I was quite surprised he wolfed it down!

I substituted the bacon for grilled chicken. That is mostly because my husband won't eat bacon (yes, I know, very strange!). It also made the salad pretty filling using the chicken - something I'm not sure the bacon would have done?

I added minced onion. I love onion on my salad!

Everything else I did as the recipe called for. Even the salad dressings. They seemed weird to combine together, but it came out delicious. The pears, cranberries and feta really are an amazing combination. Someday I will make it with the bacon, because I think that would add another fantastic component to this salad! And, well... I love bacon. ;)

I'm thinking that this would be a unique dish to bring to our Harvest Dinner at church next month. No one has ever brought something like this before (at least, I don't remember).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment