Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Life

Thought I would switch it up a bit and write about something more than just health and fitness. Lol. Our life has been a little bit of a rollercoaster ride over the last year... I'm grateful for it all though, because I really believe that trials can make us stronger if we are willing to have the right attitude and outlook through it all. Granted, I am not at all perfect in any way, and I very often find myself reacting rather than acting, but it has definitely grown me! When we look back on our lives, we often have that light bulb moment where we suddenly realize WHY it all happened... I love those moments. Anyway...

My husband has always wanted to be a Trooper for the Maine State Police. Ever since I met him, I knew from the beginning his goal in life. It never changed once in all the time I have known him. And from what people have told me, since he was very young he had always said that's what he would do. Kyle has been working over the last 2 years to get into the state police. That required passing many tests and even going through a Law Enforcement Pre-Service program. He made it all the way to the Colonel's interview, which was such an amazing thing! He basically was just a step away from his dream when he missed the PT by 2 seconds on the timed  running... I'm not going to lie, that day was one of the hardest, most discouraging days. I was ready to move, we had invested a lot of time and money into the whole hiring process, we put our lives on hold to get to this point, etc. But God has a plan for all of it. We've gone on with our lives and are trying to make some changes to hold us over until we begin the process again. We have to wait six months to apply again, and it will take another 6 months go through the process again...

I don't say any of this to complain. I know that I only have a few followers on my blog that read my long-winded posts, but I thought it might be helpful to share what has gone on in the last little bit. It might make more sense as to why we are still living in MA.

Since Fall is right around the corner, I am filling my schedule so I can keep busy. I'll be teaching at JOY Club each week on a rotating schedule, and am also starting up another housecleaning job. I am really excited about the autumn season! It's my FAVORITE time of year and I can't wait for the cool weather, the changing leaves and apple picking, above all. :) I plan to do some canning, which I am looking forward to as well. I have many, many plans, but for now I will spare you all. Hehe.

I'm happy to share that I am doing pretty well with my calorie counting and gym visits. It is very hard to not become discouraged with it all, I'll admit. I have my complete "slump" days where I want to give up and eat a whole entire pint of Ben & Jerry's and binge on whole bag of Cape Cod chips. Haha. But I haven't. :) Pinterest is a good way every so often to re-motivate myself to keep going. I search under fitness and am ready to go. Sounds pretty silly, but it's true.

I'm interested to see what the scale says this weekend... and especially what my measurements are! Seems like I am losing many more inches than pounds. I tried a homemade General Tso's chicken this week, which came out amazing and is surprisingly low in calories. It was excellent on top of brown jasmine rice. I can share how I made it if you're interested.

I need to end this before I start needing to split this up into chapters. Ha!
Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment