Monday, August 20, 2012

One Month Mark

It's been exactly one month since I first measured myself and began working toward my new goal. Seems like I just started! Last week could have gone better, but life happens and there's not much you can do about that! So I was only able to make it to the gym a couple times last week, but I did make up for it a bit with getting exercise in other ways.

Come Saturday morning I started getting blurry vision and a headache. If anyone has had that before you know what's coming next: a migraine. Only, I seem to get really weird things with it like numbness on one side of my body. All of a sudden my hand and arm got numb and tingling and it began to work its way up to my face and ended with my tongue. Scary. But this type of thing has happened to me before, so I knew all I needed to do was take pain relief and sleep it all off. Talk about a crappy way to spend a Saturday! I didn't stick well to my diet that day, sadly. Kyle took me to work with him that night so I didn't have to be alone, and we kinda got a few treats. ;) I slept through Sunday morning, which was weird not going to church… But I needed rest.

All this to say… Even though I had a crummy weekend and didn't stick to my diet, I lost two more pounds! Last week I only dropped 1. After measuring myself today, I have lost 6 1/2 inches total and 7 pounds! I wanted to lose 10 pounds in a month, but I'll take 7. ;) I'm almost there though, so that's exciting!

This week is going to be better. I hope to drop those last three pounds… A big goal for one week, but it's possible. I just have to make sure I keep eating… And work out harder.

That's it for now! I'll blog again soon. Have an awesome week and enjoy this gorgeous weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment