Monday, October 14, 2013

Visit to Westborough

Today my mom and I made our way to Westborough Reliant Medical Group to meet with the new Doctor I will be seeing every other visit. It is so much more quiet up there than going to St. Vincent's, though I do still love the hospital visits.

I did my usual routine with the weigh-in, urine sample and blood pressure reading from the nurse. I lost one pound, so now we know I must not be retaining fluid. Good sign. My blood pressure was 144/86, which is my highest top number reading. I sat with the monitor hooked up for a while and we found out my baby is one active, healthy little girl! Within ten minutes of being hooked up, she had kicked and squirmed way past the amount needed to pass the test. :) I am actually loving the monitor, even though I wish I didn't have to be on it so much. I get to sit in this comfy chair and relax while listening to the baby's heartbeat. It is so relaxing.

Basically not much has changed as far as plans, but once we get my urine test results back it may help us make some decisions. My bloodwork from last week was all great, which is a relief. The doctor seems to be focusing more on how high my blood pressure gets. If it continues to climb, along with my protein level, then we will need to make some decisions. I should know more by tomorrow or the next day. We really, really want to get me to 37 weeks. I think that is the ultimate goal. I don't really think I will make it to my due date, to be honest. So with my 37th week being only a little over 2 weeks away, I think we can do it.

I have been resting and taking it easy. My husband has been a tremendous help to me and has kicked into gear with getting some major housework done. These visits to the midwife and doctor are what are wearing me out! It is quite an ordeal now that I have to be monitored one time or have an ultrasound the next on top of the actual visit. By the time I get home I am pooped. I go again on Thursday - this time for my next ultrasound. Thankfully, here at St. V's.

I will have more information soon, I hope. I am so anxious to know what is going to happen, but at this point I just have to take it one day at a time! I have my diaper bag packed and am working on my hospital bag. You can never be ready too early, I say.

I will post pictures soon of the baby shower I had Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment