Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Twist on Spaghetti

After two years (literally) of not having internet at home, we finally have it. My sister and brother-in-law are splitting the cost with us since they live on the second floor. You have no idea how strange/amazing/addicting it is to have internet back at my own house!! Now I can blog anytime I want to... and trust me, there will be much more blogging now, especially where food and projects and baby stuff is concerned!

Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Black Olives, Garlic, and Feta CheeseThis recipe was found on Pinterest (obviously) and my husband and I love it. I love it for two reasons: one, it's delicious and two, it's easy.  I love pasta to begin with, and my husband could eat it every day if he had to, so this recipe was a great change up to the usual spaghetti and meat sauce.

You can find the recipe here or follow it below. Of course I have had to improvise at times, since I often find I am out of ingredients right when I need them. Like olive oil. One day I made this for dinner, but was out of olive oil to make the garlic oil. So I just used butter. Not as healthy, but still yummy! I also tried Kalamata olives once, but that was so time consuming. I do not know the correct way to pit an olive, so I won't do that again unless I find pitted ones. One really important thing to this recipe was the fresh parsley. You can obviously use dried parsley, but the fresh herb just really does it.

Here is a very easy, very delicious summer meal.

I'm so glad to be back blogging. There's lots to come!



Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Black Olives, Garlic, and Feta Cheese

  1. 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes (about 3), seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  2. 1/2 cup Kalamata or other black olives, pitted
  3. 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
  4. 3 tablespoons drained capers
  5. 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
  6. 1/4 teaspoon salt
  7. 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
  8. 3/4 pound spaghetti
  9. 6 tablespoons olive oil
  10. 3 cloves garlic, minced
  1. In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, feta, capers, parsley, salt, and pepper.
  2. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the spaghetti until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain.
  3. Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, heat the olive oil over moderately low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the cooked pasta and the garlic oil to the tomato mixture and toss.
NOTES
Variations
Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Black Olives, Garlic, and Mozzarella Use 3/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch pieces, in place of the feta.
Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Olives, Garlic, Feta, and Fresh Herbs Use 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 3 tablespoons mixed chopped fresh herbs, such as tarragon and chives, in place of the parsley.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so amazing! It's making me hungry! :D

    Also, I love the new look of this blog!

    ReplyDelete