Monday, August 19, 2013

Jalapeno Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken

I searched through my food board on Pinterest today while making my weekly menu. There are so many recipes I need to try! I settled on the Jalapeno Cream Cheese Chicken for tonight. I made a few changes, as usual, and it was so good.



Jalapeno Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken
from pipandebby.com

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In each of 6 defrosted chicken breast halves, cut a slit horizontally into the breast without going all the way through to the other side.
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Add:
2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add:
8-oz. package of cream cheese
1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Stir until the cheese is melted.
Divide the mixture between the 6 breasts and spoon into the openings.
Seal the ends and secure with toothpicks. Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. 

Things I did differently:

I replaced the chicken breasts with boneless thighs and just sort of folded them together with the mixture inside. The result was much messier, but they turned out so moist and created a sauce in the pan to spoon over the top. Mmm.

I made stuffing to sit underneath the chicken pieces.

This isn't the healthiest meal because of all of the cheese, but it is yummy. Not at all spicy with the jalapenos. They just gave it a little kick. I will be making this again!



No comments:

Post a Comment