These turned out a little messy, but they are so yummy that it doesn't really matter! I decided to use sauce in them, rather than dipping them in salsa and that is why they are a bit messy. But if you don't mind licking your fingers, then these are for you!
- 3-4 boneless chicken thighs (or you can use 1-2 chicken breast if you like)
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/3 cup onion
- 1 pkg. cheese (your choice - I used colby jack)
- 5-6 flour tortillas (wheat or white)
- salsa or picante sauce - smooth, not chunky
- seasonings for chicken: salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, rosemary & thyme.
Sprinkle both sides of chicken with above seasonings and cook in a fry pan until no longer pink. Chop chicken into small pieces.
Dice bell pepper and onion and mix with chicken in a bowl.
Lay out one tortilla. Spread 1 tablespoon of salsa onto the tortilla and top half of the tortilla with a generous scoop of chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese (as much as you want!) and fold the other half of the tortilla on top. Grill in a pan that is well greased until golden and flip. I used a little butter here and there - oil will work too.
Let cool for 1-2 minutes on a cutting board and then cut into 4 pieces.
Viola! Very simple. My husband loved them, so they passed the test. :) For a larger family, I would recommend doubling. This fed three very hungry people!