Monday, August 26, 2013

Weeknight Meal Planning

It's the start of a brand new week. My honey left me in bed this morning to sleep so I didn't have to take him to work. It was much needed!

Yesterday I was given a huge amount of baby girl clothing. My aunt sent it over to my parent's house and she had gotten it from some people I don't even know! It took a long time to go through it and left me feeling so blessed to have been given all those clothes. I think I am set with all the way from 0-6 month clothing. That's amazing. Sleepers, onsies, pants, shirts, bibs, hats, headbands, shoes... Alyssa and Sarah helped me sort it all into the right sizes and today I have been working on washing it all. I still may need to give some of it away, because there is just so much! I keep a list of all the items we have so far and it is crazy how much we already have. I haven't even had my baby showers yet. Yes, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with amazement at all this! God certainly has provided for us in many ways. :)

So today I have been mostly being a little lazy. I did some more work on my baby registries now that the fall clothing is out. I added just a few outfits for 9, 12 & 18 months since I will need those sizes and everyone is going to want to get an outfit. I have also made my Menu for the week and made the grocery list. Alyssa and Sarah are picking me up and we are going to shop at Whole Foods and Trader Joes. I am trying out mostly new dishes this week, so I am curious to see how they come out. Here is my Menu for those of you looking for new weeknight meal ideas (links included):

-Greek Marinated Chicken (with any sides - not sure yet) 
http://www.recipefavorite.com/2013/07/greek-marinated-chicken.html

-Spicy Stewed Beef with Grits
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/01/spicy-stewed-beef-with-creamy-cheddar-grits/

-Copycat homemade Big Mac Burgers & Homemade Fries (I have been CRAVING a Big Mac forever and haven't given in yet - here is my chance! Much healthier version)
http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/real-fast-food-mcdonalds-big-mac-copycat-recipe/

-Penne with Asparagus and Balsamic Butter
http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/penne-with-roasted-asparagus-and-balsamic-butter

Fridays and Saturdays we usually figure something out or eat out or get pizza or something like that. So I usually just make a Menu for the 4 main days of the week. I am especially looking forward to the Big Mac Burgers and Spicy Stewed Beef! I have such a huge board on Pinterest for recipes, so I might as well start taking more advantage of it! I am thinking of starting a board with Tried & True recipes and just deleting the ones that aren't that great. Coming next month, I will be trying more soup and chowder recipes as the weather gets cooler. Can't wait.

Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment